Here at the Family Centre we strive to be inspiring.
We want to inspire parents to find out what they’re capable of by trying new things, making friends and building their confidence in the process. We also provide inspiring play opportunities for children, both indoors and outdoors, where they can socialise, explore and discover the world independently from their parents.
“It has given me and my son a place to go to socialise and have fun. I enjoy the adult company, conversation and learning new things.”
Our Family Learning programme is for parents and carers with children under 5.
Things we do include:
- Parent and child play – Playbabies, Playdays, Family Fridays at The Range, Early Years Play zone at the Range during the summer holidays
- Play sessions just for children – Story Play, Outdoor Adventure Play, Mini Manky Monday
- Learning for parents, informal groups meeting in the Family Centre and supported by childcare in our Playroom – Express Yourself, New You, Cooking, Numeracy, Craft, Wake up your brain, Move it!, First Aid.
How to get involved
Some of our activities are drop in, some you need to register for. To find out more you can pop into the Family Centre for a chat, email email@example.com, call us on 01506 857158 or send us a message through our Facebook page »
We also have two open days a year, in August and January.
You can find out how to get to the Family Centre with this map »
What’s on now
The Family Learning Programme runs during school term-time Monday –Friday.
Spring 2018 dates: 22nd January – 23rd March. No sessions on school holidays.
Family Learning Programme Spring 2018
- Playbabies – play for parents and babies with childcare for children over 1, Mondays 1.00 -2.30pm
- Parent support sessions Sleep – 6th March, Toilet Training 13th March, Fussy eating 20th March, Tuesdays 9.30 – 11.30am
- Zippy Kids – active play session for lively kids, Tuesdays 12.30 – 2.30pm
- Cooks’ Club – tasty healthy family food, Wednesdays 9.15 – 11.30am
- Numeracy – certificated course run by West Lothian College, Wednesdays 12.30 – 2.30pm from 22nd November
- Story play sessions – story themed play for children, Thursdays 9.30 – 11am
- Super You! – Super hero art project for parents, Thursdays 12.30 – 2.30pm
- Coffee and Crafts – crafty group for parents, Friday 9.15 – 11.15am
“I was so isolated when I first had my baby, I didn’t know anyone else in the area. The Family Centre was a bit of a lifeline for me – I met some other parents and made new friends and so did my son.”